- Hand made in the UK since 1964
- From the original inventors of the lava lamp
- Thinner sleeker version of the Astro lava lamp
- Astrobaby base and cap is hand spun by skilled British craftsmen
- Every bottle is filled by hand with a unique Mathmos formula which gives Mathmos lamps the best shape lava formations, the clearest liquids and the longest bottle life
The second lava lamp designed by Edward Craven Walker in 1964 and manufactured by hand in Britain ever since. This thinner, sleeker alternative to the Astro has a high shine polished base and cap. Replacement parts, including bulbs, are available from Mathmos on an ongoing basis for original 1960s products and products bought today.